Sunday, March 2, 2008

Keeper of the Plains

Sara and I enjoyed lunch on a spring-like day by the Keeper of the Plains. We had never been there before. Outside of the wind, which made it a little cool, it was a beautiful day. The sky was so blue...it was perfect. Not a cloud in the sky. It made for a nice backdrop for the statue and the bridge you have to cross to get to it. I didn't have our camera but I had my cell phone. Surprisingly, it did a pretty good job. Here are the pictures I took.
This is a view of the top of one side of the bridge while standing on the elevated walkway.

This is about as close as you can get to the statue without climbing the rocks. I'm glad he's wearing pants.

Taken from behind the Keeper's pedestal, this is the bridge leading out if you're heading North. What caught my eye here was the way the tree was framed by the bridge structure.

This was on the way back to the car, heading South. This was the only place I could take this picture without the Sun blinding me. I like the lensflare effect it creates. These shots aren't bad for a cell phone!

1 comment:

junebug said...

Very good especially for a cell phone. You know in all the years I lived in Wichita I never went there.