Monday, September 6, 2010

Meat My Grill

Labor Day weekend. It's one of my favorites. I'm always looking go a good reason to cook outside and Labor Day is always one occasion. But this year was better. Our old hand-me-down grill finally ruined enough food with its uneven cooking antics that we put it out to pasture and brought home a slick new model. Putting it together became an afternoon activity of father/son bonding where we both learned patience and precision while I practiced "vocabulary control", which has never been a problem for me anyway. But, you never know what might sneak out when faced with an adverse situation such as this. The grill came together fairly easy and we fired the guy up tonight for an inaugural run. It performed great, it didn't ruin any food, and nothing today ruined my Labor Day holiday.

No comments: