Saturday, July 19, 2008

Independence Day - Pt. 1

The weather was perfect. 80 degrees...sitting under a shade tree...a cloudless sky...and the parade was about to begin. I got the camera warmed up by snapping this flower among the trees across the street.

It started with a parade. Every year, Park City has a parade to start the day's celebration. Here, the kids just heard the siren from the lead police car off in the distance signaling that the start of the parade was just up the hill.

There was an old airplane flying overhead. I zoomed in and gave a shaky click on the camera. I was amazed this shot came out at all. With all of my movement trying to dodge the power lines and shooting straight up over my head, I was sure this would be blurry. After thinking about it, I guess I got "plane" lucky!

This guy says he's been making appearances as Uncle Sam for ten years. You'd think after that long, he'd have a better beard. He usually only shows up on the 4th of July and never makes appearances at tax time. That's probably a good marketing plan.


After the parade, it was off to Sara's sister's house to light some firecrackers. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

junebug said...

To think all that happened down the street from me and I missed it all. :-( It was a perfect day though - I completely agree!