Thursday, July 31, 2008

Saddle Up Your Horses!

Wednesday night, before Andrew left for Kanakuk Kamp, he wanted to go out and eat at Chili's for the "last supper" as a family until I return next Friday from Orlando. I told him not only would we do that, but he could order ANYTHING off of the menu he wanted. So he chooses a sirloin steak. 'Atta boy! Your mom's buying!


I forgot the camera, so had to rely on the cell phone. This is Andrew with his cousin, Brett, from Stillwater. Brett's been to Kanakuk a couple of times before and he was as excited about bringing Andrew to Kamp as Andrew was about finally getting to go!

A picture of me and the bro. This picture was taken mere moments before the heat and humidity turned me into a walking sponge. We found our way onto the air-conditioned bus pretty fast.
This is Brett with his mom, Shelley. She played a HUGE role in helping us get Andrew to Kanakuk the same week Brett was going. She is awesome!

If my memory serves me correctly, this is a far cry from what a camp bus is supposed to be. Something like this is usually reserved for rock bands or NCAA sports teams. Today, it was filled with about 40 kids ranging from 7 yrs. old to 16 yrs. old. Each seat had its own air conditioning controls, lights, and there were video screens throughout the bus. Andrew and Brett sat in the very back on this side of the bus right next to the air-conditioned bathroom. Jealous?

These guys were ready to get going. Andrew was kind enough to give me a hug good-bye. I told him I loved him and to have the best week ever. With a twinkle in his eye (I'll stop short of calling them "tears") he said, "I will, Dad". And you know what? We both know he will. And they were off.

No comments: