Saturday, February 6, 2010

Old Fashioned Candy - Triple Shot

It's been all basketball all day and no one felt like cooking. We still had a gift certificate to use that we got from good friends in Nashville for Christmas (Thanks, Finch's!) so Cracker Barrel became our destination. A1 and I always enjoy perusing through the candy section and looking at candy through the decades. Presentation is everything, and Cracker Barrel has nailed it. They were even handing out samples of chocolate Hershey bars in wrappers resembling those from the 1920's or 1930's. The kids both like the wax bottles and Bit O' Honey. Honestly, there's not much to not like here. We nearly ruined our dinner just standing around waiting to be seated. Awesome!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My friend and I were recently discussing about how technology has become so integrated in our day to day lives. Reading this post makes me think back to that debate we had, and just how inseparable from electronics we have all become.

I don't mean this in a bad way, of course! Ethical concerns aside... I just hope that as technology further innovates, the possibility of downloading our memories onto a digital medium becomes a true reality. It's a fantasy that I daydream about every once in a while.

(Posted on SeKu for R4i Nintendo DS.)