Monday, June 21, 2010

H2O

Today is the first day of summer, and boy is it a hot one! Excessive heat warning until tomorrow night. Feels like 105 with 50% humidity. Yuck. That's just one of the reasons I don't like summer. Too hot for me. I have no desire to be out in that grossness. Water is my friend. So is air conditioning. Other reasons I hate summer: mosquitos, mowing, sweating, people wearing less clothing that have no business wearing less clothing, etc. You get the point. Tomorrow will be a great day. Why? Sure, it'll be hot and have all of the things I just listed above. But tomorrow...tomorrow will be the first day in the slow death of summer. The days will begin getting shorter little by little until we are once again back at my favorite spot of an early sunset and late sunrise and cooler temperatures and football and basketball and everything else I love. Don't get me wrong, I'm not all doom and gloom in the summer. I love buying corn on the cob from the local farmers, I enjoy going to the farmers market and buying fresh apple butter, I enjoy having a wine cooler or something similar after mowing the yard, I enjoy watching the kids chase fireflies, I enjoy watching the kids play baseball, I enjoy grilling out and the 4th of July, I enjoy a good bike ride in the early morning (even though it involves sweating), and I enjoy a good thunderstorm.

No comments: