Sunday, June 13, 2010

A River Runs Through It

A lot of rain fell last night. It was loud enough that it woke me up. I began to think about the baby turtle we have in a small aquarium in the back yard. Was it filling up with rain water? Was the turtle swimming for it's life? Can turtles drown? So, I got up at 4AM to go save the turtle. I think turtles can breath under water...well, at least for awhile. But, I wasn't sure. I'd like to think the turtle was grateful for my move to action. On another subject, today was supposed to be day 2 of the baseball tournament but the rain forced us to cancel. The picture above is the creek that runs through the park. Normally, you drive this road as you enter the park and the creek runs under the road. Not today. More rain is on the way right now so I don't see the water residing anytime soon.

No comments: