Thursday, August 19, 2010

I Don't Like Beer

It's true. Can't stand it. And tonight, I was a little nervous about this group I met up with that does two things totally foreign to me. They jog and then they drink beer. I'm really not a fan of either. But, in an effort to get moving and get healthy and get skinny and allow "Hot Mike" to make a comeback, I joined them tonight. I didn't jog, I "jalked", meaning walked and jogged. Mainly, I walked. I think it was a 2-mile stretch. After the exercise, we all met back at a favorite local establishment to cool off, eat dinner and enjoy a drink. I started with water but soon found what looked to be a beer I might enjoy. What the heck. I was out with new friends so I ordered up a Van Diest Fruli Strawberry Beer. It is blend of Belgian white beer and strawberry juice and it made my mouth very happy. None of that messy alcohol aftertaste. Why let that get in the way of flavor? So, I now have something to drink if I'm ever in a situation that calls for a beer. Since it's difficult to find in local liquor stores, hopefully I'm in Belgium when that happens.

2 comments:

Alej said...

Hubby & I call my run/hikes "hruns."

I need to find a running/beer group here, I know they exist - I saw a shirt that says "Drinkers with a running problem."

Mike said...

Girl, you would fit into this group SO well. You'd love it. Maybe you should start a west coast chapter! Check out the Fair Weather Runner's blog. Link is on my Gov's Stuff blog. She's one of the girls who started it.