Sunday, August 1, 2010

Racin'

Sara scored some free tickets to 81 Speedway tonight. You know, growing up where I did in Con,and also living in Nashville, TN and now Wichita, I've been surrounded by racing and dudes who spend their weekends working on cars. The surprising part is I've never been to a car race in my life...ever! Not until tonight. How did I avoid it all of these years? Amber loved being there tonight. She said it's much better than watching TV. I guess I need to get her out more. She sat there and smiled and screamed all night, especially when the loud cars drove right in front of us. I gotta admit, it was pretty cool. We even went out on the track to talk to the guy who drives the pace car. He's the guy Sara knows from high school who gave us the tickets. So, thanks Matt! We had a great time.

No comments: