Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Dad Glass - Double Shot

Every man has a favorite drinking glass. I learned that from my dad. He had a big drinking glass (which was actually plastic) that he would use during his meals...and after his meals. He likes to chew on ice and shake his glass when it's full of ice. It used to drive my mom crazy! Not sure if she's learned to deal with it or not. I moved out many moons ago so I haven't heard her complain; and Dad doesn't have any of his teeth left. Just his dentures. Hope he ordered the industrial strength dentures for chewing on his ice. Dad would put ice in his water (normal), ice in his soda (normal), ice in his milk (questionable), and...I think, even ice in a dad glass of buttermilk with pepper sprinkled in it (SO not normal!). I know! My dad did that. Probably still does! Crazy, huh? Back to the "Dad Glass". I have three glasses of the same design; and it's not actually glass, but plastic, like my dad's. Anyway, the neighbor girl who was our waitress at a local restaurant knew how much I liked them so she hooked me up with several to enjoy at home. Yeah, that's how I roll. Remember kids, it's not who you know, but who knows you. So, if your dad doesn't have a large glass to drink out of, now you know what to get him on the next gift giving occasion. He will use it and he will enjoy it.

No comments: